Thursday, January 17, 2013

Breathe Right: Thirteen

Thirteen days!!!! I haven't smoked in thirteen days! My fingernails are nice and white, my clothes don't stink, I feel awesome in the mornings and the kids are proud of me.

I'm pretty sure we are going to totally miss out on Winter this year. The only seasons Florida really has is weather. We have weather, not seasons. Today's weather: Rain. I love the rain, but when you're a smoker, and not around a porch it sucks!! Today, I'm reminded of another benefit of not smoking: Life is simplified. I don't have to answer the question...car window up and get smoked out or car window cracked and get soaked. I didn't have to find some tiny dank spot outside to have a smoke break at work. I was able to just enjoy the rain.

Yes, I am liking not smoking very much.

Surprising benefits to not smoking:
1. You Stay Dry
2. You Don't have to get into conversations with annoying people on smoke breaks.
3. Car air freshners actually leave a pleasant scent
4. No guilt from spending money on cigarettes
5. No guilt from smoking in the car with kids
6. When not smoking in the car with kids...no pulling over just to smoke during long trips.
7. I Don't have to hear it from my mom!!!!!Seriously, I never thought nagging worked on anyone, but her nagging the crap out of me is enough for me to never even stand close to a fire again.I Wouldn't dare risk "that smoke smell" around her and the second hand smoke, 1/2 hour removed asthma attack drama it induces.

No comments:

Post a Comment