Monday, October 11, 2010

Sinner

I never _did_ Halloween growing up. Oh wait, take that back, I do recall one year being afraid of the dark and walking down the road dressed up like a kitten. Consequently I tripped over my long fuzzy tail, tore my tights and skinned my knee. (That gives me an idea for next years costume...road kill)

I didn't participate in Halloween again after that, because soon after my dad realized that if children dress up on Oct. 31st they are inevitibly going to grow up and become Satanists.

Maybe dressing up like a black kitten did ruin me, because this year I'm going all out. I'm going to the mecca of Haunted Houses dressed like a peacock. I could be like the rest of the girls and make it a slutty costume, but I'm keepin' it classy Florida ;).

My boyfriend and his brothers have gone to just about every Halloween Horror Night since they moved down here. I, on the other hand have never been to a single one. Not one, even though I grew up less than an hour from Universal.

Peacock inspiration board
(I know, I know, the male is the pretty peacock. I guess Im going as a peacock in drag or something.)

Feather wig


Face




Can't quite figure out how to get more "plume-y" and less like wings...


Skirt colors


UV ray thread and back plume of skirt


The kids won't be doing anything scary for Halloween. I don't like the whole, witch, devil stuff, so they will be going to trunk or treat at one of the churches. Maddie wants to be Strawberry Shortcake, Buddy wants to be Spiderman and I'm not sure what to dress Chunk up as yet.

What are you doing this month? Are you dressing up?

1 comment:

  1. Our solution to the Halloween "situation" (I have lots of thoughts on this that I won't spew here, many of them from my job AND have nothing to do with religion...), is to let the kids dress up and hand out candy to the trick or treaters. Breck loves it. He doesn't even ask to go himself! We just makes sure he gets some candy at the end of the night in the "treat bucket" we keep on the fridge. So far, it's been okay.

    This year is a bit tougher because he's at school, so lots of other ideas are coming about what Halloween is and isn't. Hard to discuss things like vampires, ghosts, withches, etc. with a five-year old, but we just remind him we only believe things we know are true and we know what's true because it's what's in the Bible. :)

    Anyway, dressing up for whatever reason is FUN!!! So have a great time! (in the future, a GREAT costume is to go as a couple in white button up shirts, black pants, name tags, and bike helmets as mormon missionaries... maybe that's only funny in AZ...)

    ReplyDelete