Wednesday, October 13, 2010

"I'll google it!"




I heart Google.

Google has done away with the nightly question: "How was your day?". Instead it's a bear hug, kiss on the head and a smiling country boy asking me: "So what were you googling today?".

Work is easy, so I get hours of googling and web surfing in. Everything I have ever wondered gets googled and then spins me off on a trail of question answering.

On the way to work today I was driving along a road with lots of Oak trees. The wind up to googling began: Why does moss grow on some trees and not others? Is it a fungus? What is moss exactly? How come the moss is only on the front part of that tree?

The Rabbit trail:
Wikipedia "Moss"...which lead to
"Why are Florida rivers so brown?"....which lead to
"Women's distressed size 8.5 cowboy boots"...which lead to
"Plaid dress"...which lead to
"upcycle clothing"...which lead to
"Kate Von D t-shirt tutorial"...which lead to
"Dixie Tattoos"...which lead to
"non poultry related tattoos"...which lead to
"worst cosmetic surgery ever"...which lead to
"How to get a flawless foundation look"...which lead to
(oh yeah, I need to pay tithe, check the bank account, answer some people on FB..)
"Best canoe/camping sites"...which lead to
"Fort Desoto Campground"...which lead to some serious talking myself out of spending the money...
"Free tent sites Florida"...which lead to
"perfect picnic recipes"...which lead to me...

Planning a fun weekend get away for us, that is super cheap and involves my favorite things: the kids, the boyfriend, water, canoe, food, camping and BEER. All because of moss.

I heart Google!

No comments:

Post a Comment